Find the answer to your Linux question:
After almost a week of trying to figure out how to get my palm pilot (m130) to work with linux - Red Hat 8.0 particularly) ... I've found some assistance ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Palm m130 and Red Hat 8.0

After almost a week of trying to figure out how to get my palm pilot (m130) to work with linux - Red Hat 8.0 particularly) ... I've found some assistance on google somewhere - can't remember where the link it though. Here's what I had to do to get my Palm Pilot to work and sync in Linux:

---------->

I upgraded Ximian Evolution to version 1.2.1.

After a successful install of Evolution 1.2.1, log in as root:

Create symbolic links for the following:

ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/visor
    ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/palm
    ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/pilot

You must also execute (as root) a:

chmod 666 /dev/ttyUSB*

If you are using JPilot, start the program and press the HotSync button on your Cradle and then click the Sync button in the JPilot program and voila ... it works beautifully. Personally, I think it's better than Windows !!!!!!!!!! This works great in Ximian Evolution 1.2.1 as well.

---Krystal

Linux Guru
    This the second advice post posted in less than a day. Thank you, guys! I would like to encourage anyone who solves one of these general issues to post an advice here as well.

I see one small flaw in your setup, though. It doesn't really matter in a single user system, of course, but to make it more correct, instead of "chmod 666 /dev/ttyUSB*", add this line to /etc/security/console.perms:
    <console> 0660 /dev/ttyUSB* 0660 root.uucp