Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was working on this for a while, and as I wasn't able to get things going, moved on to other things. Now that the other things are not taking ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Help with OpenLDAP...

I was working on this for a while, and as I wasn't able to get things going, moved on to other things. Now that the other things are not taking so much of my time...
    When installing the prerequisites to OpenLDAP (SASL, SSL, Kerberos, BDB) I run into no issues. Once I go to run the .config, and it looks for Berkeley DB support, it says that it cannot find the BDB libraries. Has anyone else that has encountered this? After a bit I can post the output of config, although right now I am chained to the window$ machine.

Linux Engineer
    run ./configujre --help and get the flag to where you can point it towards the lib directory. It will probably look something like this:
    ./configure --berkley-db /usr/lib/bdb <- only an example

Just Joined!

Re: Help with OpenLDAP...

Quote Originally Posted by adamdaughterson
    I was working on this for a while, and as I wasn't able to get things going, moved on to other things. Now that the other things are not taking so much of my time...
    When installing the prerequisites to OpenLDAP (SASL, SSL, Kerberos, BDB) I run into no issues. Once I go to run the .config, and it looks for Berkeley DB support, it says that it cannot find the BDB libraries. Has anyone else that has encountered this? After a bit I can post the output of config, although right now I am chained to the window$ machine.
    I had this same problem... here is what I did to fix it...

as Root...

Note the name of the BerkeleyDB install directory name from:
    /usr/local
    In my case it was:
    /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1

Now in another terminal window change directory to the location where you put the OpenLDAP source files - I put mine here:
    /usr/local/src/openldap-2.1.23

Now run the following from this location:
    env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include" \ LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib" ./configure

What this does is tell the configuration program where the database application can be found. From here you should then be able to perform the "make depends".

Good luck...