Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I would like to develop a small application on Linux. It can be on network, protocals. Can any one suggest some applications which I can develop with minimum requirements(Hardware, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Application on Linux

Hi,

I would like to develop a small application on Linux. It can be on network, protocals. Can any one suggest some applications which I can develop with minimum requirements(Hardware, Software)..ur suggestions are most welcome....

Thanks in advance.....

Regards
    Naidu

Linux Guru
    In that case, you can do something I've been consider lately, namely a program which finds and downloads new messages from these forums. It would have to handle HTTP with cookies for login information and parse HTML. New posts can be found by looking at the images. You can also make it run as a daemon which notifies someone in some way whenever a new message is posted. Maybe you can extend it with a config file so that it would work with any phpBB if reconfigured properly. There are many extension possibilities: You could, for example, make it find new mails on a webmail and forward them to the local mail spool via sendmail.

Linux User
    putting the new guy to work eh Dolda?
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Why would you think that? It's not like I would use anyone else to do my work. =)

Linux User
    no, nobody ever does that anywhere
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.