Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have Suse 8.2 distro and would like to use Gnomemeeting. However i am running the KDE environment. Do i need to switch to Gnome or can i still run ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Gnomemeeting

I have Suse 8.2 distro and would like to use Gnomemeeting. However i am running the KDE environment. Do i need to switch to Gnome or can i still run the program in KDE? Also where is Gnomemeeting located?

Linux Enthusiast
    it depends on if you installed it.

if installed, you can just run it using the run command (alt-f2 filename) or in the terminal (filename).

you should be able to run any gnome app while using kde, just as you can run any kde app while using gnome, it is irrelevant which DE you use.

I couldn't imagine going without gaim and it is usually associated with gnome, among many others.

Just Joined!

Gnomemeeting pt2

thanks for the info but when u say "run the command (alt-f2 filename)" what is the exact name of the file? Is it actually called Gnomemeeting? And what if for some reason that package was not installed then what would i do? Once again thanks for the help on the other post. I went to your website and found it very helpful but i was just wondering if the screenshots of the linux OS was Redhat 9?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    the appname should be aptly called "gnomemeeting" as listed here:
    http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/se...&system=&arch=

although the odd time, the filename and the app name are different, usually they are the same tho.

to see if you have it installed, simply type:

Code:
    whereis gnomemeeting
    if you get a list of directories, then it is likely installed, if you get "gnomemeeting:", then it is likely not.

you can download it from the link above, depending on what distro you are using, but you could always go to the homepage and get the source (which I rarely have any luck with)

the screenshots are a combination of red hat and then the later ones are Jamd. It doesn't really matter, since I can create the same effects in any distro. My two faves these days are Jamd and Gentoo.