Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm attempting to install Xen via the source. I ran 'make dist' and everything worked fine. When i tried 'sh ./install.sh' i get: Code: downloads/xen-2.0.6-src/xen-2.0 # sh ./install.sh Installing Xen ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Xen

I'm attempting to install Xen via the source. I ran 'make dist' and everything worked fine. When i tried 'sh ./install.sh' i get:
    Code:
    downloads/xen-2.0.6-src/xen-2.0 # sh ./install.sh
    Installing Xen from './dist/install' to '/'...
    All done.
    Checking to see whether prerequisite tools are installed...
    FAILED check_brctl
    FAILED check_twisted
    Checks failed. See /downloads/xen-2.0.6-src/xen-2.0/dist/check/.chkinstall for details.
    All done.
    Is this correct? Can anyone give me any help? Thanks in advance. +jrob

Re: Xen

Quote Originally Posted by jaredsr05
    Code:
    Checks failed. See /downloads/xen-2.0.6-src/xen-2.0/dist/check/.chkinstall for details.
    All done.
    Why don't you look in the file mentioned in the error ? If you cannot figure out what is going wrong post the (relevant) content of that file.
    I\'m so tired .....

Just Joined!
    I actually tried that first. I'm sorry I didn't mention that the file didn't exist. But I figured out the problem. Thanks anyway. +jrob

Now, I have a second problem. I thought I had installed Xen correctly, but I got an error when I tried to boot it. I'll post the actual error if this doesn't work. I think my problem lies in my addition to /boot/grub/menu.lst. The Xen man tells me to add
    Code:
    title Xen 2.0 / XenLinux 2.6
      kernel /boot/xen-2.0.gz dom0_mem=131072
      module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen0 root=/dev/sda4 ro console=tty0
    , but i'm not sure that's correct. i'm using Suse 9.2 Pro and Xen-2.0.6. Any ideas? +jrob

OK after working with the above problem...
    1) Do I need to create a completely new, blank partition for Xen to boot from/with/to?
    2)How big does it need to be?
    3)Does it have to be from the same drive I boot Linux from/with/to? I have two drives, Linux is on the first and the second is 80GB and has tons of stuff from my old Windows sys I really don't want to lose. It is NTFS. Could I partition some of it and use Xen from there? I'm worried I might lose my data if I try to partition it.

Sorry for the confusing post. Thanks in advance. +jrob