Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anybody know how i can access a St or Compaq flash memory from linux, i have never tried it myself so i dont know... What kernel support do i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

How do i access a usb ST or Compaq flash memory??

Does anybody know how i can access a St or Compaq flash memory from linux, i have never tried it myself so i dont know...

What kernel support do i need and which modules are used?? How do i mount it?

If the memory have been connected to MS is it already partitioned as an msdos partition??
    Regards

Andutt

Linux Guru
    Did you mean Compaq flash or Compact flash? In any case, what interface does it have?
    Whether or not it's partitioned depends on how it was first set up. Some devices simply don't have a partition table (ie. they work like a floppy).

Linux Engineer
    Thanks for the reply Dolda...i ve read me up on theese usb-interfaces on linux, there are 2 interfaces Open Host Controller Interface (OHCI, by Compaq) or the Universal Host Controller Interface (UHCI, by Intel).

They work against compact flash and St, ive got it running with..

Code:
    modprobe usb-storage
    which starts the api:s against the usb-device which work under somekind of scsi layer. When its loaded you can see some info under /proc/scsi/scsi on the device.

My device was found under /dev/sda, with fdisk -l /dev/sda you can see if the memory have somekind of partition on it.

Make sure you got support for OHCI and UHCI in your kernel under the usb-section.
    Regards

Andutt