Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I wouldn't see any reason why you would need a higher refresh rate than 85Hz. With my old 17" monitor, at 1280x1024, I was only able to get 60Hz so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

I wouldn't see any reason why you would need a higher refresh rate than 85Hz. With my old 17" monitor, at 1280x1024, I was only able to get 60Hz so I was glad when I got my flatscreen which can handle 75Hz, much better, and healthier, but then flatscreens are generally better for your eyes anyway.
    The biggest security threat is the user.

Just Joined!
    The line
    Code:
    VertRefresh 50 - 160.0
    is your refresh rate setting, however its best not to change this from the default, while you monitor may support it (Mine goes to 190Hz), your video card may not (Mine goes to 87Hz). Setting the refresh rate over the video card's maximum limit can result in an X server crash, damage to the video card, and if you're using an X login manager that starts automatically, no easy way to fix it. Your window manager will usually adjust resoloution and refresh rate to the maximum your video card is capable of. 85Hz is more than enough, for anyone, anything over that won't yield much of a noticaeable improvement and will only serve to drain system resources.

Linux Newbie
    Vertical and horizontal refresh is pointless. put a # before each of those lines and then just set your own refresh rate, much easier. (all written imho)
    Registered Linux user #390336

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2