Find the answer to your Linux question:
Reading another post in here reminded me of something and was wondering if anyone else had this problem. when i play mp3's in XMMS after about two songs it stops ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Xmmz pains

Reading another post in here reminded me of something and was wondering if anyone else had this problem. when i play mp3's in XMMS after about two songs it stops and i get this nifty little pop up telling me to check my sound card configuration or to make sure it is not being used by another program. and to be honest ... its about the most annoying thing in the world to be sitting at my comp working on something, and have to fiddle with my media player every five minutes or so. if anyone else had this problem, could they fix it? or am i just stuck with it and need to learn how to deal with it. hahaha ... and i also love how sometimes i can get my mp3's to skip ... SKIP!! as if it was a scratched up cd. :-\
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

I get that sometimes. I just close and ropen the program and it normally works after that. BUt it's annoying...
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air...

What sound server are you using? Check the xmms configurations to see what it's outputting to. That may be causing this. I've never had that problem with xmms running an Audigy on the emu10k1 driver through the OSS output in xmms.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I'm using ALSA drivers because they're special ones for my onboard sound...
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air...

Hrm...What plugin are you using for output? It should be on the first TAB in the xmms Preferences.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy