Find the answer to your Linux question:
What does everyone use for their mail/calendar client (microsoft outlook in windows as example)? using windows, i got real into using outlook, i had a task list, my calendar had ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Mail/Calendar Client

What does everyone use for their mail/calendar client (microsoft outlook in windows as example)? using windows, i got real into using outlook, i had a task list, my calendar had everything i needed in it, etc, so what i am wondering is there a similiar app that will let me import things from outlook? i have everything backed up into a PST file.
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

Nothing but Outlook can use pst files, at least as far as I know, but Evolution would do everything you're asking about. As a matter of fact, if your Exchange server has Outlook Web Access running, Evolution can actually grab all the info from that and run "natively" using the Exchange Connector.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

i don't think i have an exchange server....

i thought i had read something about importing from outlook, don't remember what program it was or where i read it. if needed, i can always export everything into a different type of file.
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    This might be of some use (at least for getting mail from a pst): http://alioth.debian.org/projects/libpst/
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

ok cool. ill be sure to let everyone know if it works in case someone else has this situation.

thanks for all your help flatline. i appreciate it.