Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to install the driver for a network adapter that plugs into a USB socket. I couldn't get setup.exe to run properly, so I asked over here , and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Trouble making an rpm of ndiswrapper

I'm trying to install the driver for a network adapter that plugs into a USB socket. I couldn't get setup.exe to run properly, so I asked over here, and was told to use ndiswrapper. So now I have ndiswrapper-2.2.tar.gz on my computer, along with all the files extracted. I try to run
    $ make rpm -f Makefile ndiswrapper2.2
    but I keep getting "error 127" and "can't find rpmbuild". When I try to just run
    $ make
    I get "error 2".
    Do I have to install rpmbuilder? If so, where can I find it?

Just Joined!
    Do I have to install rpmbuilder? If so, where can I find it?
    It appears that you might just have to do that.

I'm assuming you have fedora so why don't you just compile it from source. You might need to get a 16 stack kernel.

Just Joined!
    I reinstalled Fedora as the "administrator" version instead of the "home" version, and it's compiled correctly.

How do you get a 16 stack kernel? I can't use the downloads available at http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/p...dex.php/Fedora because my processor is i386 not i686.

On a similar topic, when I run $ iwconfig wlan0 for my wireless device it gives me a warning saying that it was compiled for version 18 while the driver was compiled for version 16. How can I rectify this issue?

Just Joined!
    You can fix the issue by down grading ndiswrapper or upgrade the wireless tools. As for the 16 stack kernel I'm not sure. I use a custom kernel with 8kb stack and it worked fine but I'm not running fedora. SO you might want to see if the fedora channel in irc gives you any help.
    gtg