Find the answer to your Linux question:
While installing quicktime 4 recieved error failed dependencies libvorbisfile.so.0 but I already have /usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so /usr/lib/libvorbisfile.a /usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3 /usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3.0.0 how do I get libvorbisfile.so.0? It says that the libvorbis packet is already ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quicktime Installation

While installing quicktime 4 recieved error failed dependencies libvorbisfile.so.0 but I already have
    /usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so
    /usr/lib/libvorbisfile.a
    /usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3
    /usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3.0.0

how do I get libvorbisfile.so.0?
    It says that the libvorbis packet is already installed. This is on redhat 9 btw.

Linux Guru
    libvorbisfile.so.0 is a much older version of the libvorbisfile you already have, which probably means that the version quicktime 4 that you downloaded is heavily outdated.

In any case, I recommend that you install MPlayer instead. You can find Quicktime codecs for MPlayer on the same site, and MPlayer is capable of playing many other formats as well. Plus, it's probably the fastest (or at the very least one of the fastest) movie players there is in terms of CPU usage.

Just Joined!

removing libvorbis packets

What I'm trying to do is install xtunes which only seems to use the out dated version of libvorbis how would you recommend I remove the up to date one and install the outdated one?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    xtunes? I thought you said Quicktime?
    In any case, two versions of libvorbisfile.so _should_ be able to coexist. Try downloading this RPM and install it:
    ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/7.3/e...rc3-1.i386.rpm