Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to install the VLC media player. When I run RPMdrake and select the VLC player package, it says that it needs vlc-plugin-mad-0.8.2-0.test2.2.1.102plf.i586 because of dependencies. I have updated ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

urpmi doesn't find needed packages for VLC installation

I'm trying to install the VLC media player. When I run RPMdrake and select the VLC player package, it says that it needs vlc-plugin-mad-0.8.2-0.test2.2.1.102plf.i586 because of dependencies. I have updated the media (File->Update media), but it isn't there. I can't find it for download either.

Does anyone know where I can find the RPM, or if there is a way to update the urpmi media (against another server, perhaps), to get that package?

You might want to add http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ to the mirror lists if you don't have it already. I found some slightly older versions of the package here, and I think the version your after here. You might also want to read the section regarding urpmi here since it has some good links.
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    Thanks, that worked out great! I had downloaded the RPM, and re-added all the media with Easy Urpmi which gave me all the packages needed for dependencies.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I'm glad it worked rikardgrankvist
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2