OK, firstly, this is not a problem with X NOT working at all, it works, just started behaving weird.

Last night, i switched out to a VT to run an emerge -uDp world. I tend to do them in VT's rather than an aterm.

Now i then noticed that X had died, i got taken to VT1 (i was on VT2) Then the screen came bk with the nvidia splash screen that you see (if u have the nvidia driver installed)

OK, wo this all went ok, X loaded up ok, and i got the GDM login screen. This is where i notice it's gone weird. The fonts had changed somehow.

OK, so i think nothing of it. X then loads up, and fires up xchat, gaim, and the other apps that i have auto load on startup and i notice that it looks AWFUL! the fonts have gone a lot smaller than they originally were. to the point i'm having trouble reading em.

Can anyone help with this?

I hadn't changed my /etc/X11/xorg.conf for at least a couple of weeks, and have restarted X many times since then, so it's not a change i made there.

I'm running Gentoo, using GDM as the login manager, and fluxbox as my WM.

Edit: Solved
To solve this, all i did was backup my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file then run xorgcfg then copy back my old xorg.conf and restart X and there we go, back to normal