Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can anyone familiar with pppd (ppp) shed some light onto why my modem dissconnects a second after establishing a connection? The output is as follows: Code: [root@localhost ~]# pppd call ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Modem ppp/pppd Issues

Can anyone familiar with pppd (ppp) shed some light onto why my modem dissconnects a second after establishing a connection? The output is as follows:
    Code:
    [root@localhost ~]# pppd call ac775 
    Serial connection established. 
    using channel 2 
    Using interface ppp0 
    Connect&#58; ppp0 <--> /dev/modem 
    sent &#91;LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0xcb6c4870> <pcomp> <accomp>&#93; 
    rcvd &#91;LCP ConfAck id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0xcb6c4870> <pcomp> <accomp>&#93; 
    rcvd &#91;LCP ConfReq id=0x2 <mru 1600> <auth pap> <magic 0x5fb8dec7> <asyncmap 0x0> <pcomp> <accomp>&#93; 
    sent &#91;LCP ConfAck id=0x2 <mru 1600> <auth pap> <magic 0x5fb8dec7> <asyncmap 0x0> <pcomp> <accomp>&#93; 
    sent &#91;PAP AuthReq id=0x1 user="username" password="password"&#93; 
    rcvd &#91;PAP AuthAck id=0x1 "TTP Com PPP - Password Verified OK"&#93; 
    Remote message&#58; TTP Com PPP - Password Verified OK 
    PAP authentication succeeded 
    sent &#91;CCP ConfReq id=0x1 <deflate 15> <deflate&#40;old#&#41; 15> <bsd v1 15>&#93; 
    sent &#91;IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <compress VJ 0f 01> <addr 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns1 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns3 0.0.0.0>&#93; 
    rcvd &#91;LCP TermReq id=0x0 "Normal Termination by NCP"&#93; 
    LCP terminated by peer &#40;Normal Termination by NCP&#41; 
    sent &#91;LCP TermAck id=0x0&#93; 
    Modem hangup 
    Connection terminated.
    I may also want to note that this is a GPRS modem (cellular wireless)

Thanks.

Just Joined!
    have you read the duel post topics in the forums

Linux Newbie
    You'll have to send me a link, I'm not sure what you're reffering to.

Linux Guru
    One of the rules of the forum requests that we not double post or cross post by posting the same material on two different forums. While it requires the poster to choose between two forums that may seem equally suited to the post, it reduces confusion and aggravation a bit both for those seeking answers and for those trying to help. It's okay to post in one forum to send traffic to the forum where the "real" post is, though. You could edit your first post here to accomplish that, otherwise the mods might remove this thread.

As to your ppp question, I'm working to resolve a smilar problem and will let you know of any progress, at your other post.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

Linux Newbie
    I solved the problem, I needed to edit one of the modem chat scripts to include a missing apn. I deleted the duplicate posts