Find the answer to your Linux question:
Somebody help me... I'm running out of ideas! Cannot get gaim to connect to MSN, although it will to Yahoo, and I can get Kopete to connect MSN. I'm connected ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

gaim not signing in to MSN

Somebody help me... I'm running out of ideas! Cannot get gaim to connect to MSN, although it will to Yahoo, and I can get Kopete to connect MSN. I'm connected directly (wired) to my Netgear wireless router, and have a fixed local IP address. Do I need to enable some ports on the router? So far I did 1500-1550 and put these in gaim, but had no effect!

I'm using FC4, have the latest version of gaim, and also have enabled port 1863.

Help me!

TIA

What version of Gaim is it? If you installed it yourself it may be out of date as the MSN protocol changed a few months ago. This is fixed in the newer versions. I use 1.1.4.

Just Joined!
    Version 1.4, I downloaded it from yum this morning.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I use version 1.3.1, signing into msn works fine for me. So I don't think it's an issue with the version you're using, if I remember correctly, the msn login process requires ssl, perhaps this is the problem you're having.
    If this doesn't help, please post all messages that are returned to you when you try to log in, don't forget that gaim has a debug window available under the help menu from the main window to allow you to see the raw messages, this should bring you closer to finding the problem.