Find the answer to your Linux question:
Whenever I install an extension from addons.mozilla.org the details of that particular extension in th extension window says "Restart Firefox to use" as it always does on installing a new ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Firefox Extension Problem

Whenever I install an extension from addons.mozilla.org the details of that particular extension in th extension window says "Restart Firefox to use" as it always does on installing a new extension. But even after restarting Firefox, or the whole system, the extension isn't installed! It just stays at the "Restart Firefox to use" message. I'm using Firefox 1.0.5 on Ubuntu 4.10.

I think there might be a problem in the Firefox installation. I had downloaded the package from Mozilla.org. The I used synaptic to remove the old Firefox (0.9.3) and the I installed the new version in /usr/share/firefox. Is there a problem in the way I installed or something? I was experiencing the same problem with Fedora Core 3.

Linux Engineer
    Try installing 1.0.5 via Synaptic.

Linux Newbie
    Okay. But how to remove the one I installed using the script included in the downloaded archive (firefox-installer.sh)? Just delete the directory?
    Registered Linux User #394578

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I believe there is a uninstaller script in the directory that yoy ran the installer script from.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333