Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I'm developing the GUI of an application using GTK2.6 library. In this application, I show my GUI in the main application thread and on actions like button click ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Multithreading in GTK application

Hi All,

I'm developing the GUI of an application using GTK2.6 library. In this application, I show my GUI in the main application thread and on actions like button click I do some background processing in a thread. This thread updates the GUI also. But when I try to enable and disable widgets they are not updated on the GUI. The widgets get updated only when i do some action the GUI like mouse over. Can someone please tell me how to do updates on the GUI in a thread in GTK. I am new to GTK so am not sure whether I am doing the right thing. Please help!!

Just Joined!
    hey I am facing the same problem.My counter value is not getting updated automatically..its changes when i do mouse over..

Have u got the answer... if yes then pl... tell me the solution

Regards

Just Joined!

Hey...

Don't know much about multi threading, it is actually through reading about it in order to later experiment on the matter that I came across your question here, but I guess you could try calling, provided you have the access and from the right thread I guess, the function gtk_main_iteration() which does just that. It runs one more iteration of the main loop and updates it, without handing down control of the app to it just yet.

I had a similar problem without multithreads and that did it. Don't know if it might help, but hope it does.