Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just wanted to get your thoughts on using ibuild which is a liveCD creator application. If you have used this, do you prefer using it, to the standard remastering of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ibuild (liveCD creator app). What do you think?

Just wanted to get your thoughts on using ibuild which is a liveCD creator application.

If you have used this, do you prefer using it, to the standard remastering of a liveCD (i.e. Knoppix, Morphix etc..), and do you find it better, equal, or worse than remastering.

I have not had an opportunity to try it yet because I'm currently involved in another project. However it seems very interesting and when I'm done with my project I plan on giving it a try.

I realize that there is just about a liveCD for anything you may want, but I think the experience of learning to do it yourself is always a benefit, not a henderance. Or just the ability to be able to tweak it just the way you want it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So what do you think?

Yes
    No
    Get out of my face!

BTW, http://ibuild.livecd.net/

I have not used it but it does look interesting. My live cd (Ghost GNU/Linux) is built using the Linux Live scripts which are used to build Slax. Those scripts work for me.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.