Find the answer to your Linux question:
The rpm package for WineX has been installed, but I don't know where it is. (I've used find files tool) I can't use Gaim to logon to MSN messenger Signon ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

WineX and Gaim

The rpm package for WineX has been installed, but I don't know where it is. (I've used find files tool) I can't use Gaim to logon to MSN messenger Signon Error: Thu Sep 11 03:29:55 2003 h@dow Dr@gon was unable to sign on: Error reading from server.

Linux Engineer
    i did a build from the winex CVS when i was running SuSE 8.2 and i noticed that the binaries generated were regular wine binaries.. no special names or anything... so you might want to try just running

Code:
    wine <program name>
    just an observation from someone who thinks he knows what he's talking about on occasion....

Just Joined!
    Thanks I'll try that... I feel like a 3 year old expecting to be able to setup all this. input rules

P.S. My MDK box is officially packed for the move tomorrow, so I'm using roomies Win2k box right now. (I figured out how to shutdown lol)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but....
    Doesn't Gaim = Gnome AOL Instant Messenger

Why do you need to pipe it thru Wine?

Linux Engineer
    i don't think he was piping it through Wine.. i think he just wanted to ask two questions in one place... and GAIM supports AOL, Yahoo, ICQ, MSN, and i think one or two other protocols...
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Just Joined!
    OK

I only use ICQ anyway, and my ISP seems to think IE is very important, so no Linux on the web for me!

The reason most that you cannot log on to MSN is because MS have "banned" all other MSN clients than MSN Messenger.

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriss
    The reason most that you cannot log on to MSN is because MS have "banned" all other MSN clients than MSN Messenger.
    I'm connecting right now to MSN thx to GAIM it's not true now but I'm afraid that this sentence will become true the 15th October of this year
    A clue:Jabber