Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
You've brought FF's start time down to 3 seconds with prelink? Maybe Debian does things differently than the distros I've tried prelink on... I've always had lame results with prelink. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

You've brought FF's start time down to 3 seconds with prelink? Maybe Debian does things differently than the distros I've tried prelink on... I've always had lame results with prelink.

Anyway... 3 seconds isn't very long. Oh BTW, is that when opening Firefox the first time, or when opening it after a previous session (with that previous session no longer running)?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by d0p
    To answer your question with a question... did you look at the flash demos? http://xfce.org/various/flash_demos.html also http://xfce-goodies.berlios.de/demos/goodies.html swf for some neat plugins to monitor system resources like those at gdesklets.
    Yup I have and didn't see any icon. They were all down in the panel. It also doesn't have the windows style start menu. I personally like it but the parents won't like it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gullible Jones
    You've brought FF's start time down to 3 seconds with prelink? Maybe Debian does things differently than the distros I've tried prelink on... I've always had lame results with prelink.

Anyway... 3 seconds isn't very long. Oh BTW, is that when opening Firefox the first time, or when opening it after a previous session (with that previous session no longer running)?
    Opening for the first time.

Just Joined!
    3 seconds for opening the first time is what I usually get, maybe a bit more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2