Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I work in a primarily Microsoft shop, with e-mail being handled by a trio of exchange servers. (While I am an avid linux user, and Exchanges security problems are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Ximian Evolution -- Windows

Hey, I work in a primarily Microsoft shop, with e-mail being handled by a trio of exchange servers. (While I am an avid linux user, and Exchanges security problems are noted, it still is a handy product, shared calendars and task list all integrated into one solution) Regardless, I have little say in the running of those things. I am locked into windows as an OS, and while I have 'customized' my environment with Cygwin, GIMP, Firefox, and OO.org there seems no way around Outlook. because no IMAP or POP3 functionality is offered, its exchange or not at all. Ximian's connector and evolution would be my first choice, but its such a GNOME dependant app that no one, not even the great Tor Lillqvist (ported GIMP to windows) has been successful in that effort yet. (Although, he is trying, and has made the most progress out of anyone yet, it looks like it will not only succeed, but provide the foundation for a GNOME on Windows, should anyone ever want it..)

In short, does anyone know of any other application (preferably one that either has a native port, or might run on cygwin) that has implemented the Ximian Connector or some other method of connecting to an Exchange Server without being Outlook?
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Re: Ximian Evolution -- Windows

Quote Originally Posted by qub333

In short, does anyone know of any other application (preferably one that either has a native port, or might run on cygwin) that has implemented the Ximian Connector or some other method of connecting to an Exchange Server without being Outlook?
    Hmm, in my last company I used IMAP to connect to the exchange server from FC2. I cant remember which email reader I used, but it was probably KMail.

Maybe it's a controllable option on the exchange server. They were using exchange 2000.