Find the answer to your Linux question:
I hate making another "which e-mail is the best" post, but... I want to make the last and final hop to Linux and e-mail is the problem. In XP, I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Another E-Mail Question

I hate making another "which e-mail is the best" post, but... I want to make the last and final hop to Linux and e-mail is the problem. In XP, I use The Bat!, which is a really good program that has almost everything I need, but no major issues.

In Linux, the search hasn't been so successful. Thunderbird is excellent, but does not have features that I require (account/folder templates, advanced filtering and more), Evolution is powerful, but lacks some basics (expand/collapse all threads, keyboard shortcuts and how do you ditch the button box at the bottom left corner?), KMail is OK but I can't get rid of the side bar on the left, if someone could clue me in on that I would be really OK, Sylpheed Claws does not support the IMAP IDLE command, 'nuff said.

I really am leaning towards KMail, but I have to find a way to lose that shortcut bar or if someone knows another GUI based client that I haven't tried, I'm ready to try it.

--
    Mike
    Mandriva 10.1/KDE 3.3

Well I had a play (as Kmail is what I use), if you mouse over the divider between the sidebar an main window, click and drag it left to the edge it will go, no sign of it untill you mouse over the extreme LHS and drag back
    Registerd Linux user #119296