Find the answer to your Linux question:
i was wondering if anyone might have a copy of the latest stable winex source that they'd be willing to somehow send to me.. i'm not sure if i trust ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

winex

i was wondering if anyone might have a copy of the latest stable winex source that they'd be willing to somehow send to me.. i'm not sure if i trust the stability of the CVS tree... also, if someone does have a copy, what would be the best way to xfer it? i'm thinking DCC through IRC..
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

I have winex3 somewhere, but I'm not shure how legal it is to give it away. I think the rule is that you can get the sourcecode for free, and binary cost money.

The reason they are doing this is because 1) They want to make money 2) If they would release the sourecode to winex (binary one) they would reveal how cd-copy protections work, and would violate the DMCA.

And its not that expensive, $5 for a month..

Linux Engineer
    i was actually wanting the source.. and i don't happen to have $5 at the moment (sadly enough.. damn car payments..).. anyways.. i d/l'ed the CVS and i'm going to see if it'll run without any/too many problems...
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close