Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i have installed iptables and config it . it seems to be working but i dont like where you can not see what is going on with the firewall. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

can some one help me with this please

hi i have installed iptables and config it . it seems to be working but i dont like where you can not see what is going on with the firewall. so i installed another firewall not sure what it was called but after you start the firewall and it goes to your task bar next to the clock. there is a blue arrow for the firewall when its working and red when its is not turned on. the prob is i went away for a couple of days and kids where oncomputer when i came back the computer would not boot linux or winxp .so had to format and lost everything now i can not find that firewall anywhere and can not rember the name of it . so is there any of you out there that have used it or do or know what its called or know of a firewall that lets you see what is going on .

cheers

Sounds like firestarter to me, I remember the icons you're talking about and the fact that you can have it sit in the tray and show you when it's active or not.
    Here's the firestarter home page for you. http://www.fs-security.com/

Just Joined!
    cheers m8 thats the one