Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been going thru some courses on my own for JAVA, and started it under Win98 when I still didn't have a usable MDK install. I think I have most ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

JAVA

I've been going thru some courses on my own for JAVA, and started it under Win98 when I still didn't have a usable MDK install. I think I have most of the bugs out now, and would like to be able to use the same JAVA version that I had in Win (I have the Linux version) I keep getting conflicts, and the konsole just hangs when I try to run the JAVA bytecode that I already had compiled in Win. It's platform independant, but I recompiled a couple of them anyway with the same results.

I have kaffe installed, but lose JAVA for the browsers if removed. I also have IBMJava that came with my older mdk8 distro, but don't want to use it for fear of breaking my system yet again.

I've done a locate for java, and javac, and found both. They appear to be symlinks to java.wrapper, and all reside in the /usr/bin directory. It gives no information as to what package they came with, tho.

What packages do I need to remove, and which files do I need to edit to be able to use the java package I have?

MDK 9.0, upgraded to 9.1
    Sun Java 1.3.0 RPM on hand

I just downloaded the java file from sun.com and found a script that does the install and stuff for you on google.com/linux

Found some other stuff, mayxe its of intrest
    http://developer.java.sun.com/develo...ramming/linux/

Good luck

Just Joined!
    Sorry I can't try this right now, but I will!
    Is there any advantages/disadvantages to using the gcj compiler?

Good info on setting the path. All of the readmes so far just said to do it, nothing on how. I got used to these tasks in the M$ enviro, but still learning Lin