Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was trying to install VMware my SuSE 9.3 box, I can't get the kernel module compilation to work properly. Because I have updated my kernel with YaST the kernel ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

VMWare

I was trying to install VMware my SuSE 9.3 box, I can't get the kernel module compilation to work properly. Because I have updated my kernel with YaST the kernel sources are out of sync, and if I try to install them they are not on the mirrors so it looks to the install CDs (which have the older sources). I even tried to fool the system by copying the older sources and modifying the config to say it was newer source (worth a go, if risky). However it still complained that things like kernel and net source were missing. I know they weren't (or were the wrong ones more like). Anyone had anything similar to this, or more succesful VMWare adventure.

Linux Newbie
    I think this'll help.

cd /usr/src/linux
    make cloneconfig
    make prepare

After this all you need to do is insall vmware and then configure it.

Hope this helps.
    Registered Linux User #395492
    My blog: http://www.khooban.com/nucleus/?&blogid=2
    Desktop (Cassius) Pentium 4 1.5Ghz, 512MB SDRAM, 40, 60 and 80GB HardDisks, DVD/CDRW! Laptop (Copy) AMD Athlon XP 1.8Ghz, 448MB RAM, 64MB Radeon Graphics, 60GB HD, DVD/CDRW!

I like that, does that copy current kernel config? Looks good I'll get a look at it later.