Find the answer to your Linux question:
How do I update firefox? I downloaded the installer for 1.0.6 installed it and restarted. Then I clicked on applications, interntet, firefox. I clicked on help and then about mozzila ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    4o4
    Just Joined!

updating firefox

How do I update firefox? I downloaded the installer for 1.0.6 installed it and restarted. Then I clicked on applications, interntet, firefox. I clicked on help and then about mozzila firefox and it said 1.0. What's wrong?

Linux Engineer
    Do you know where the new Firefox installed? I would look for the directory, and make sure the link points to there. Best is to remove the old firefox also.
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

My guess is that the 1.0 came with Fedora and was installed in a different way. The .tar.gz way will install it into a separate directory, and the system references the other Firefox, not the new one. I tend to favor the Mozilla "tarballs" to my Ubuntu Synaptic-installed Firefox, but when I create launchers, I have to make sure they point to where I put the manually-installed Firefox.

4o4
    Just Joined!
    I found the new firefox. How do you make a link to it in the applications>internet menu? Also everytime I start up the new firefox it asks me if I want to run it in terminal. How can I get rid of that?

Depending on what version of Gnome you have, you might need SMEG to get it into the menu:

http://www.realistanew.com/projects/smeg/

Otherwise, just create a launcher on the panel. Right-click on the panel, select Add to Panel, the Custom Application Launcher. Then, find your new version of Firefox. When you click on your new launcher, it shouldn't ask if you want to run it in terminal.

4o4
    Just Joined!
    How do you install smeg?

Quote Originally Posted by 4o4
    How do you install smeg?
    Try this:
    http://www.fedorafaq.org/#editmenus

4o4
    Just Joined!
    Never mind I figured out how to do it withoug smeg. Thank you for all the help.