Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello guys, I've installed SuSE 9.3 and now i cann't play DVD's. Apparently there is some legal issues. I tried downloading libdvdcss-1.2.8-1.network.i386.rpm, I clicked on the file and apparently YaST ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Xine

Hello guys,

I've installed SuSE 9.3 and now i cann't play DVD's. Apparently there is some legal issues.

I tried downloading libdvdcss-1.2.8-1.network.i386.rpm, I clicked on the file and apparently YaST intalled it, but nothing append, I still cann't play DVD's

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Linux Engineer
    There are 4 multimedia packs issued by SuSE, available through YaST. You should download and install those, then your multimedia issues should be fixed.
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

You also need to install libxine and if you want to get rid of the warning screen install the xine-ui using YaST. The w32codec will allow to view Window's media as well as quicktime movies.

http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/xine/
    Dell Precision T7400 Workstation
    Dual 3.33Ghz Xeon "Harpertown" Core
    16GB PC5300 DDR2 ECC CL5
    BFG GeForce GTX 285 OC 2GB
    X-Fi Platinum
    HP w2408 24" Monitor
    Dual Boot:openSUSE 11.2/Win 7 Ultimate

jwf
    Have a look at the DVD panel in Xine help. There are some requirements mentioned there that need to be met. Your Xine application needs to 'see' the DVD drive.
    "There needs to be a symbolic link from /dev/dvd to your device node of your dvd drive."

Also, I had a problem with a LIVE AID Concert DVD (it would nor play), but a movie DVD and another Music DVD played OK. (I'm battling an audio sync problem currently)