Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, I am running Mandrake Linux and trying to get the real player plugin work. I have tried all the browsers - Mozilla, Opera and Netscape but none of them ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Real Player

hi,
    I am running Mandrake Linux and trying to get the real player plugin work. I have tried all the browsers - Mozilla, Opera and Netscape but none of them is working. I have installed real player but when i try to play something with it an error comes up saying that the sound card is already in use. There were no problems while installation and xmms works fine. can anyone please tell me if i need to do something special.

Thanks

Linux Engineer
    look for a palce in realplayer to specify where the output goes to eg. sound card 0. in kde, gnome, and in some cases enlightenment, the soudn card is locked by a sound server. meaning u have to direct output to the sound server program. (arts in KDE, esd/esound in gnome & enlightenment). as for ur browser plugin, its probably sufferiung from the same problem.

Just Joined!
    hi,
    thanks for that. but i could not file any file specifying the information you mentioned about. i checked in the installed directory of real player which is ~/RealPlayer8/. is there any other place where i need to check.
    thanks

Linux Engineer
    type
    locate -u
    now wait 5 mins while it scans ur HDD
    now type
    locate realplayer
    (type locate --help to check for ignore case switches etc)