Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

OpenOffice goes greek!

Hello
    I have been running OO 1.1.3 for many months now with no problem, but suddenly I turned it on today and the language has changed to Greek! Apart from being utterly baffled how this happend, unfortunately I don't speak enough Greek to sort my way through the Options menu and put it back to English. I'd be grateful for any help with this. Strangely, when I try to save a file it also tries to name the file in Greek and if I try to change it manually I just get Greek letters. System is Mandrake 10.1 Official.

Cheers

Linux Engineer
    Have you checked your systemwide language settings? If not, check with apt if you can remove any (Greek?) language packs.
    Debian Jessie x86_64 & armhf :: LibreELEC is the solution for your Linux-based HTPC setups.

Linux Engineer
    Have you checked your systemwide language settings? If not, check with apt if you can remove any (Greek?) language packs.
    Debian Jessie x86_64 & armhf :: LibreELEC is the solution for your Linux-based HTPC setups.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Hello again and thanks for that
    I checked and it seems to be only in the word process of OO that this occurs not e.g. in the spreadsheet. I downloaded and installed the latest version of OO (1.1.4) and that works fine when I run it - all in English.

I suppose I could just remove the older version (1.1.3) but how do I install the newer version in the menu system? The KDE menu currently still opens the older version.

Linux User
    There might be an easier way to do it, but just right-clicking on each item, selecting Properties and adjusting where they point to would probably work...
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for that advice - oddly, when I right click on items in the menu nothing happens! I tried running menudrake, but that exited half way through starting up. When I tried to open it in a console I got an error message that there was a "segmentation fault". I'm definitely out of my depth here! Any help would be much appreciated.