Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there im kinda newbie so lets make that clear. ive downloaded the MozillaFirebird browser from Mozilla.org and im really satisfied with it (i think its better than Mozilla). the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Firebird question

Hi there im kinda newbie so lets make that clear.

ive downloaded the MozillaFirebird browser from Mozilla.org and im really satisfied with it (i think its better than Mozilla). the only problem is that i didnt download it as .rpm (im using mandrake 9.1), actually there was only a tarball. so i extracted it, got it goin' and noticed that the browser needed a flash plugin to run some specific animations on some pages. so i downloaded it ran the installer and then it says something like "install flash plugin for mozilla and galeon?".

I see no Firebird

i checked it later on and the problem sustained, Mozilla got the plugin but firebird didnt.
    now i wonder if you have to make it a "system folder" or something like that. (maybe i should have extracted it into a .firebird directory instead..... i dont know)

Please help me , how do you make tarballs "system-filic"?

Linux Newbie
    Look in your Mozilla plugin directory and find the flash files ( libflashplayer.so & flashplayer.xpt ). Copy them into your MozillaFirebird plugin directory. Mine is /usr/local/MozillaFirebird/plugins/.

If you don't know your Mozilla plugin path use the following: find / -name *flashplayer*
    [ [ SykkN alloc ] initWithThePowerTo: destroyYouAll ];
    /* Don\'t make me use it! */

Linux Engineer
    I believe the tarball they give out is a precompiled binary. i suggest getting the actual source and bullding it from scratch.
    The best things in life are free.