Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed red hat 7.2 but when i try to log in it won't brign up the graphic screen and when i log in under the text screen or localhost ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

RH 7.2 "no-screens found"

I installed red hat 7.2 but when i try to log in it won't brign up the graphic screen and when i log in under the text screen or localhost log in and then type startx it give me an error and 1 i cant view th elog file, it says permission is denied, and 2 it says no screens found for the desktops.

PLEASE help me

oz
    forum.guy
    Not sure it will help, but you might try running XF86Config as root:

Code:
    XF86Config
    Answer the questions correctly with your hardware info and it might allow a starx.

Just Joined!
    Not sure it will help, but you might try running XF86Config as root:

Code:
    XF86Config

Answer the questions correctly with your hardware info and it might allow a starx.

so do i do this after i log in in text? and my graphics card wasnt under the list of video cards. ould that pose a prob and how could i use it correctly.

oz
    forum.guy
    Yes, it would be done as root in text-based console. You'll have to know the specs on your monitor, video card, mouse, and keyboard. You may have to use a generic driver for your video card if it's not in the list of options, or you can download and install a specific driver for it such as nvidia, or ati.

Linux Engineer
    also if it is an nvidia card you can download the driver from their website...which has easy to follow linux installation instructions.
    Operating System: GNU Emacs