Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
is there a program that works very similar to adobe photoshop? ive tried a few programs and there are quite a few differences. the closest program ive found is inkscape, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1
    Linux User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    333

    adobe photoshop clone?


    is there a program that works very similar to adobe photoshop? ive tried a few programs and there are quite a few differences. the closest program ive found is inkscape, but theres still some things on adobe that i prefer over it.
    registered linux user #390920 << makes me feel important

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Linux User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    333
    ive tried it, i like it about the same as inkscape. some keyboard shortcuts dont work...
    registered linux user #390920 << makes me feel important

  4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
  5. #4
    Linux Engineer oldcpu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,142

    GimpShop?

    Quote Originally Posted by whisker
    ive tried it, i like it about the same as inkscape. some keyboard shortcuts dont work...
    Did you try "GimpShop". (basically a "hacked" version of Gimp, with a user interface very similar to Photoshop).

  6. #5
    Linux User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    333
    nope. ill google it... see what its like
    registered linux user #390920 << makes me feel important

  7. #6
    Linux Engineer oldcpu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,142

    GimpShop

    Quote Originally Posted by whisker
    nope. ill google it... see what its like
    I like GimpShop.

    Some URLs:

    Site set up by Scott Moschella, who created the GimpShop hack for MS-OS-X:
    http://plasticbugs.com/index.php?p=241

    Hack was later proved (ported ??) to run on Linux:
    http://linux.suramya.com/tutorials/Install_GIMPShop/

    Gimpshop.net has a lot of good links to help getting GimpShop running.
    http://www.gimpshop.net/

  8. #7
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Croatia, Zagreb
    Posts
    70
    Hmm.. didn't know about gimpshop. It sounds interesting, but why would I change my GIMP interface now that I'm so used to it.

    It might be good to recommend to fresh former Photoshop users though.

  9. #8
    Linux Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    116
    Very interesting. I actually saw a link somewhere else earlier this week to GimpShop, but it never entered my mind that it was related. Thanks for the links.
    Register Linux User #388393
    _________________________________________

  10. #9
    Linux Engineer oldcpu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,142

    If you like Gimp, don't switch IMHO

    Quote Originally Posted by Libervisco
    Hmm.. didn't know about gimpshop. It sounds interesting, but why would I change my GIMP interface now that I'm so used to it.
    No dispute there. If you are used to (and like) the GIMP interface, then it is best to stay with GIMP. GimpShop is a software fork, and I don't know how well it will be supported. The author's of Gimp were NOT pleased to see GimpShop.

  11. #10
    Linux Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Luton, England, UK, Earth
    Posts
    639

    Re: If you like Gimp, don't switch IMHO

    Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu
    Quote Originally Posted by Libervisco
    Hmm.. didn't know about gimpshop. It sounds interesting, but why would I change my GIMP interface now that I'm so used to it.
    No dispute there. If you are used to (and like) the GIMP interface, then it is best to stay with GIMP. GimpShop is a software fork, and I don't know how well it will be supported. The author's of Gimp were NOT pleased to see GimpShop.
    That's Open Source for ya, plus they should be pleased, people who don't like it will really appreciate GIMP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •