Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
You're right, probably a total of 15 minutes if you count the fact i always walk out of the room when the Username and Password prompts appear....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

You're right, probably a total of 15 minutes if you count the fact i always walk out of the room when the Username and Password prompts appear.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by x__dark
    You're right, probably a total of 15 minutes if you count the fact i always walk out of the room when the Username and Password prompts appear.
    Hah. I do the same thing! And it's worse if you install from a DVD because you don't have to sit and watch to switch disks.
    Register Linux User #388393

Linux Enthusiast
    Hehe, I hate that, especially when you go, then forget about it totally, come back an hour or two later, and you are like....wth???! :P

Linux Newbie
    I did that last month with a Suse 9.3 from CD's. It didn't like my dual video cards, so when the first disc finished and rebooted, the monitor never fired up. I came back in and thought my pc went nuts. Freaked out for about 5 min. until i just reset the pc and all was fine. From now on, i'll sit and eat peanuts or something.

Linux Enthusiast
    Hehe, I wish I was that lucky... I left my gentoo install just after doing something, then there was a powercut and my drive corrupted, managed to save it though...

Linux Newbie
    Doesn't sound like sitting around would have helped with that one.

Linux Enthusiast
    hehe, it wouldnt, except for the fact when the power goes off here, it dips, for 5 or so minutes, then goes off, my pc has a 60w psu or something like that (really low energy), so it doesn't feel the power going down, then it cuts, I would have been able to shut it down

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2