Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm basically having trouble installing it. Being all very new to Linux I have no idea how to interperet the errors I recieve... But this is the info I get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Kbear

I'm basically having trouble installing it. Being all very new to Linux I have no idea how to interperet the errors I recieve... But this is the info I get after typing

./configue
    make

Code:
    qextmdidefines.h:91: error: extra `;'
    make[4]: *** [qextmditaskbar.lo] Error 1
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/Programs/kbear-2.1/kbear/qextmdi'
    make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/Programs/kbear-2.1/kbear/qextmdi'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/Programs/kbear-2.1/kbear'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/Programs/kbear-2.1'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    If there is any other info you need I'll gladly post it. I'm currently running Fedora Core 3.

Just Joined!
    Hm, those kinds of "error 1"s are still often pretty much a mystery to me when I try to compile some things, but it could be the corrupt file, a syntax error, a needed file missing.. let the compiling experts say..

However, I just wanted to suggest that since there probably is KBear in your Fedora repository to try installing it from there instead of compiling from source. Also, there is another great FTP client with which you might have more luck: Krusader. In my opinion it's better than kbear. :P

Just Joined!
    As to Kbear being in my Fedora repository, I'm completely unsure... mainly becuase I don't know how to check

However, I downloaded Krusader, as you suggested and the installation was all rather amazing simple in comparison to everything else I've tried to install with linux. Consequently, it's working! Which is fantastic, so thanks for recommending that.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    For the future, you can open a terminal and as root, type:
    Code:
    yum install <program name>
    If the program is in your yum repositories, then yum will download the program along with the required dependancies and install it without hassle.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryansmith
    For the future, you can open a terminal and as root, type:
    Code:
    yum install <program name>
    If the program is in your yum repositories, then yum will download the program along with the required dependancies and install it without hassle.

Bryan
    Lets say it isn't. How do I add it?

It's actually been a while since I last fiddled with Linux, is it yum.config you edit? I haven't got the comupter in front of me?

Do most websites have the relivant code you need to add to the file so you can install it via yum? Or is there a central website?