Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by techieMoe Originally Posted by cwl157 But it's non-free. I just downloaded aim for linux from aim.com for free. What was meant there is not that it's free ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Quote Originally Posted by cwl157
    But it's non-free.
    I just downloaded aim for linux from aim.com for free.
    What was meant there is not that it's free as in "no cost", but not free as in "open-source". The official AIM client for Linux is lacking a great many features since AOL hasn't updated it in a very long time. I wouldn't recommend it personally.
    I agree. Gaim and Kopete are more feature-complete than AOL's linux client and are compatible with AOL, MSN, Yahoo, etc.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    o ok yea i downloaded it just to see if i could transfer files with people using windows aim but it doesnt really work.

Just Joined!
    Jonathon Clark was working on it and supposetly got the file transfer working working. If you can find him you might be able to get a CVS version. Too bad gaim hasn't been updated in close to two months. Hopefully they'll put everything from the summer of code into it.

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/summerofcode/jonathan/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2