Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Because you are new to linux I would recommend either Mandrake or Redhat. Once you learn the ropes try either Slackware (my personal favorite) or Gentoo (source based distro with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Distro

Because you are new to linux I would recommend either Mandrake or Redhat. Once you learn the ropes try either Slackware (my personal favorite) or Gentoo (source based distro with a graphical installer currently under development. I currently have Slackware 10.1 and Windows XP dual booted and hardly find the need to boot up Windows. No better way to learn than from a little experience with any of these distros. Good luck!

Just Joined!

URL

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue43/...eb_Design.html

This is an interesting URL on website design and Linux. I have been considering what you are saying, though I have been using Linux for over a year, I have installed Debian and Knoppix to hard disk, I ve taken a look at freebSD in the Freesbie live CD, have tested several distributions but had some problems with some of them. My first exposure to linux was a Redhat 6.1 CD in a book. About a year and a half ago, I had somebody give me Redhat 9 CDs from a Linux User Group.

I am curious about your question and it is an important one as it may present itself as an obstacle for people in migrating to linux.

I would also like to learn more on this question that you make. If I find something, I will post here.

Just Joined!

linux.com article on web design and linux

http://programming.linux.com/article...&tid=63&tid=22

take a look at this article from Linux.com on web design and linux. It has some programs listed that you may want to try.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    crzydimnd,

I'm new to linux also. Just learning. And I also enjoy webdesign. I don't think anyway mentioned the Gimp yet (however, I didn't read through everyone bickering about flash). Anyway, I'm not a Gimp expert but I guess its supposed to be as powerful as Photoshop. I've played around with it and so far, I really like what I see. I think I could use the Gimp just as well as I could use Photoshop. The interface is very similar and its not taking me a whole lot of time to learn.

Sorry, I like flash, but haven't found anything for linux yet. Still looking...

Hope it helps.
    Jesse

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6