Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Distro

Because you are new to linux I would recommend either Mandrake or Redhat. Once you learn the ropes try either Slackware (my personal favorite) or Gentoo (source based distro with a graphical installer currently under development. I currently have Slackware 10.1 and Windows XP dual booted and hardly find the need to boot up Windows. No better way to learn than from a little experience with any of these distros. Good luck!

URL

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue43/...eb_Design.html

This is an interesting URL on website design and Linux. I have been considering what you are saying, though I have been using Linux for over a year, I have installed Debian and Knoppix to hard disk, I ve taken a look at freebSD in the Freesbie live CD, have tested several distributions but had some problems with some of them. My first exposure to linux was a Redhat 6.1 CD in a book. About a year and a half ago, I had somebody give me Redhat 9 CDs from a Linux User Group.

I am curious about your question and it is an important one as it may present itself as an obstacle for people in migrating to linux.

I would also like to learn more on this question that you make. If I find something, I will post here.

linux.com article on web design and linux

http://programming.linux.com/article...&tid=63&tid=22

take a look at this article from Linux.com on web design and linux. It has some programs listed that you may want to try.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    crzydimnd,

I'm new to linux also. Just learning. And I also enjoy webdesign. I don't think anyway mentioned the Gimp yet (however, I didn't read through everyone bickering about flash). Anyway, I'm not a Gimp expert but I guess its supposed to be as powerful as Photoshop. I've played around with it and so far, I really like what I see. I think I could use the Gimp just as well as I could use Photoshop. The interface is very similar and its not taking me a whole lot of time to learn.

Sorry, I like flash, but haven't found anything for linux yet. Still looking...

Hope it helps.
    Jesse