Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello all i have ran clamav twice now and finally figured out what files are infected on my hdd. The only problem is that one virus that i have is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

clamav scan results

hello all

i have ran clamav twice now and finally figured out what files are infected on my hdd. The only problem is that one virus that i have is (or has) attached itself to pagefile.sys on my windows hdd.

if i remove the virus (well, actually 19 infected files) will windows get screwed from removing the pagefile.

I KNOW that this is more a windows question than linux, but it is still using a linux app.

any help appreciated

weed
    "Time has more than one meaning, and is more than one dimension" - /.unknown
    --Registered Linux user #396583--

Linux Enthusiast
    Is there an option to repair the files?

If not, then I wouldnt delete it, just in case, because, you know, Funny things happen when onlinebacon goes and deletes files...

But, if you can, repair the files, it is a lot safer.

Linux Enthusiast
    i wouldn't think deleting the swap file would be very destructive. i think (imagine) that windows would start and act like you don't have one. if your ram drops too low it'll tell you that it needs to enable virtual memory and probably create another swap file.

how much ram do you have? if it's more than say 768MB than i know you'll be ok without one (atleast in the short run). if you have around 256MB than it'll be a little riskier but it may still be able to start fine (once it reenables the swap file)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    i have 512mb ram so i should be fine

btw, how good is clamav's analysys of files (it found 17 oversized zips)
    "Time has more than one meaning, and is more than one dimension" - /.unknown
    --Registered Linux user #396583--