Find the answer to your Linux question:
The answer is probably no, but I'll ask anyway... Anyone here know of any weather scripts that will work properly with Conky? It did have one included with it, but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Conky: weather script

The answer is probably no, but I'll ask anyway...

Anyone here know of any weather scripts that will work properly with Conky?

It did have one included with it, but they've removed it in the most recent releases due to it being unstable.

Thanks in advance...

I dont have the exact link, but you might want to go to forums.gentoo.org and search "conky." The maintainer of conky often posts on the forum, he'll hook you up. If not, ask around on #conky on irc.freenode.net

oz
    forum.guy
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've not been on the gentoo forums for a while, so I'll go take a look-see...

Just Joined!
    Although this thread is fairly old, it shows up first in a google search for "conky weather script" so I figured I would add this here.
    I built a new weather script that pulls the weather observations from the National Weather service. It is available for download at http://www.meteor.iastate.edu/~bschw...weather.tar.gz
    You will just need to set the location of your these scripts in your filesystem and the location that you want to pull the data for.

If you have any questions, shoot me an email, which is listed in the shell script.