Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to resize my 200gb ntfs partition but it always errors out. qtparted just says An Error occured! The console logs: No Implementation: Support for opening ntfs file ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    unknown

[SOLVED] qtparted NTFS Knoppix 4.0 error

I am trying to resize my 200gb ntfs partition but it always errors out.
    qtparted just says An Error occured!

The console logs: No Implementation: Support for opening ntfs file systems is not implemented yet.

As mentioned, I am using the new Knoppix 4 .

I had success resizing ntfs using vmware and qtparted... so i know it works. Is there a problem doing this with NTFS partitions of a certain size?

Where can I get to the logfile that qtparted creates and what else can I do?

Thanks!

Linux Newbie
    dumb question im sure ... but do you have the ntfsresize package? and you aren't trying to do it while the disk is mounted and in use are you?
    Old Skewl - AMD Athlon XP 1600+ / 512mb / 160gb / nVidia GeForce 4 4800ti 128mb / openSUSE 10.0 / 2.6.13-15 / (puter geek . linux noob)

unknown

l

root@0[knoppix]# sudo -H /usr/sbin/qtparted
    Warning: Unable to open /UNIONFS/dev/hdc read-write (Read-only file system). /UNIONFS/dev/hdc has been opened read-only. (<--- Knoppix CDROM)
    No Implementation: Support for opening ntfs file systems is not implemented yet.

root@0[knoppix]# ntfsresize
    ntfsresize v1.11.3-WIP

Usage: ntfsresize [OPTIONS] DEVICE

click on Hda and it logs No Implementation error to console. it is NOT mounted.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close