Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

terminal configuration? (aterm,eterm)

i want to be able to 'integrate' my terminal into the desktop, or at least make it look that way, ie. take away the titlebar, so it just looks like a transparent box that is a part of the desktop itself. is there any way to do this in aterm? if not, what about eterm(or for that matter any terminal program)?

Linux Engineer
    there are ways in eterm that you can call as options; however, the easiest way for me to accomplish that look is with gnome-terminal. In the profile preferences you can set the level of transparency, take away the scroll bar, and the menu bars, set colors, backgrounds etc, all point and click. Also, I use enlightenment where you can right click and remove border to get rid of the wms border around the app.

I posted a recent screenshot at http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-3860-252.html

just scroll down to my name, genesus, and tell me if something like this is what you are looking for...
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

yes, that is exactly what i want. the problem is, i am using kde currently, and it would be a pain to install gnome terminal. i am also considering going back to fluxbox.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    ok, but just remember that you don't have to have the entire gnome package for gnome-terminal, just a few of the libs...

ok then ill try it out.

Linux Engineer
    apt should resolve only the needed dependancies for you...good luck...I'm not much on eye candy, but I love the integrated terminal look

hah!
    turns out all along i could edit any terminal to have the integrated look using kwin in kde(take borders off, etc). it was right there before my eyes all along!

Linux Engineer
    good, post us a screenshot in our screenshot sticky when you get a chance

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by genesus
    good, post us a screenshot in our screenshot sticky when you get a chance
    I already did.

Linux Engineer
    ???