Find the answer to your Linux question:
I tried it several times and I always get this error when the installation is 74% done: "loki_setup: Short write on /usr/[username]/doom3-demo//demo/demo00.pk4" I get this error no matter where I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problem installing doom3-demo

I tried it several times and I always get this error when the installation is 74% done: "loki_setup: Short write on /usr/[username]/doom3-demo//demo/demo00.pk4"
    I get this error no matter where I try to install it. The installation file is doom3-linux-1.1.1286-demo.x86.run and my distro is Mandriva2005LE. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? thanks

My first reaction would be that you have a bad installer. You might try downloading the demo again. Also, try installing it to your /home/ directory as a regular user rather than running it as root. This may or may not make a difference, but it's worth a shot.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    I've already tried everything you said but none of it works.

Quote Originally Posted by fabik317
    I've already tried everything you said but none of it works.
    Can you elaborate on what exactly you did and what exactly you got spit back? What were the error messages?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    well i tried to install it about three times, once to its default install path, once to my home folder and the other time somewhere else (can't recall where exactly) i also tried to install the binary file to somewhere else than /usr/bin/ (not that i thought it would be some good, i just wanted to try out as many possibilities as i could) any way after the first installation failed i deleted the installer file, downloaded it again and went on trying but whatever i did i got the very same error msg i posted the other time.