Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hey there, after posting at the verlihub forums and receiving no reply for the past week im posting here hoping one of you guys will be able to have a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

verlihub

Hey there,

after posting at the verlihub forums and receiving no reply for the past week im posting here hoping one of you guys will be able to have a solution for this

I keep receiving the following error when i run make, after i have run ./configure

t* nConfig::cConfigItemBaseInt::Address()'
    cconfigitembase.h:79: warning: overriding 'virtual void* nConfig::cConfigItemBase::Address()'
    cconfigitembase.h:109: warning: deprecated covariant return type for 'virtual unsigned int* nConfig::cConfigItemBaseUInt::Address()'
    cconfigitembase.h:79: warning: overriding 'virtual void* nConfig::cConfigItemBase::Address()'
    cconfigitembase.h:110: warning: deprecated covariant return type for 'virtual long int* nConfig::cConfigItemBaseLong::Address()'
    cconfigitembase.h:111: warning: deprecated covariant return type for 'virtual long unsigned int* nConfig::cConfigItemBaseULong::Address()'
    cconfigitembase.h:112: warning: deprecated covariant return type for 'virtual double* nConfig::cConfigItemBaseDouble::Address()'
    cconfigitembase.h:113: warning: deprecated covariant return type for 'virtual char** nConfig::cConfigItemBasePChar::Address()'
    cconfigitembase.h:114: warning: deprecated covariant return type for 'virtual std::string* nConfig::cConfigItemBaseString::Address()'
    cconfigitembase.h:115: warning: deprecated covariant return type for 'virtual long long int* nConfig::cConfigItemBaseInt64::Address()'
    cdcconf.cpp: In member function 'void nDirectConnect::nTables::cDCConf::AddVars()':
    casyncsocketserver.h:105: error: 'int nServer::cAsyncSocketServer::mPort' is protected
    cdcconf.cpp:99: error: within this context
    make[2]: *** [cdcconf.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/applications/verlihub-0.9.8c/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/applications/verlihub-0.9.8c'
    do any of you guys have any idea to what this error is referring to and some workaround it? tnx alot!

Linux Engineer
    1. What's your compiler?
    2. What are you compiling?
    3. What's your distro?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by a thing
    1. What's your compiler?
    2. What are you compiling?
    3. What's your distro?
    sorry forgot to mention

1. gcc4
    2. verlihub
    3. fedora core 4

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    anyone at all with any suggestions ?

Linux Engineer
    The program was designed for GCC <4 and GCC 4 is much stricter than previous versions. So the hacker didn't write such standards-compliant code, and now it's screwed.

Just Joined!
    thank you very much!

decided to try to grab the latest file from cvs and everything went like a charm

Just Joined!
    I have the exact same problem than mighty_falcon

Only difference is that i dont have a clue what cvs is...

so could somebody please explain this to me, if you will.

it stands for concurrent version system as explained here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concurrent_Versions_System

andy
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

Just Joined!
    thanks man..

edit: problem solved...

Just Joined!
    hmm.. how do i specify CVSROOT... seems to be a bigass problem to me...

And what it exactly is...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast