Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does somebody know a program to build rich media presentations under Linux. Something that creates slideshows composed of audio, narration, video, graphics, etc.... Something like Microsoft Producer or Macromedia Captivate, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

== Rich Media Presentations under Linux ==

Does somebody know a program to build rich media presentations under Linux. Something that creates slideshows composed of audio, narration, video, graphics, etc....

Something like Microsoft Producer or Macromedia Captivate, but for linux.

Alberto Odor, MD
    Mexico City

Linux Engineer

Just Joined!

Not what I-m looking for

Quote Originally Posted by a thing
    http://www.nawaz.org/wiki/index.php?title=Table_of_Equivalents%2C_Office_Bus iness&PHPSESSID=8ab839887c6d4f5ec4f5dcc47f1e339e
    The products in that equivalence chart are the OS counterparts to PowerPoint. I already have them. What I need is a step further in the automation of Rich Media Presentations. Some app which will take the presentation from Star Office Impress or any other PowerPoint emulator and let you add voice, music, video etc with premade templates.

Microsoft Presenter and Macromedia Captivate or Articulate, are all PowerPoint plug-ins which do this kind of media. I'm looking for something simmiliar for Linux (trying to reduce costs and leave Windows behind).

Linux Engineer
    Look at the Insert menu of OO.o Impress. Although I wonder why you can't insert Oggs...

Just Joined!

Still not what I need

the Insert Menu in Open Office does the same as the insert menu in PowerPoint. It lets you insert a video or picture in one slide. Pretty basic stuff.

The Apps I have mentioned for Windows, take the PowerPoint presentation and narration and embed in a template which can also have a video window with the presenter speaking, and other window for slide annotations, etc. You can navigate from slide to slide and audio video and slides are coordinated. The final output for most of this programs is Flash video, for Microsoft Producer is MS video.

If I could attach an image, i could place a screenshot of the resulting presentation for you to see.

Alberto

Linux Engineer

Just Joined!

Wink might be usefull

excerpt from the wink homepage:
    Wink is a Tutorial and Presentation creation software, primarily aimed at creating tutorials on how to use software (like a tutor for MS-Word/Excel etc). Using Wink you can capture screenshots, add explanations boxes, buttons, titles etc and generate a highly effective tutorial for your users.

http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

Sadly it is not opensource but free.

Version 2.0 has already been released for windows, but last running on Linux is 1.7, still usefull.

I'm interested in any other pointer to similar software.