Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Velintien it worked...and omg that scan was quick 1 second and its done? is it suppose to be that quick? If you just run 'clamscan' it'll only ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Velintien
    it worked...and omg that scan was quick 1 second and its done? is it suppose to be that quick?
    If you just run 'clamscan' it'll only scan your current directory. You'll need to tell it where to scan:
    Code:
    clamscan -r /
    Or something similar. Remember to update your virus db via 'freshclam' first though.
    Registered Linux User #379728

SuSE 10.3 :: Athlon XP 3000+ :: AsRock K7VT4A Pro :: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT :: C-Media 8738

www.psypherpunk.org.uk

Red face Outstanding!

I downloaded Clam after reading about it in a Linux magazine. Is there a way to keep it working while I am working? And... Please don't laugh at me... Is there any nice graphical interface for this program so that it can be more user friendly?

Kind regards,
    -D-

Registered User # 402675

Linux Enthusiast
    What can be any easier than typing clamscan -r -v / to scan an entire system? Also, if you want to continue working, just minimize the shell. If you need pretty GUI's, perhaps you should use Windows. CLI is the only place to be.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    @ dacosta,if you want a warm gui to clamav try klamav (if you're using kde that is) find it here http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=102171

andy
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

Angry maybe a moderator will erase my post but nonetheless I am forced to respond to this

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98
    What can be any easier than typing clamscan -r -v / to scan an entire system? Also, if you want to continue working, just minimize the shell. If you need pretty GUI's, perhaps you should use Windows. CLI is the only place to be.
    WHERE IN MY POST DID I SAY THAT I NEED PRETTY GUI'S????

WHERE???

GASP! One asks for a nice graphical interface and I am told to f$%^ myself. Yes, asking me to use Windows is just like that so show a little respect and don't use any opportunity to bash on another user just like this dear fellow Linux user. It doesn't embarrass me but yourself...

Just like when I was learning to use yum to update Fedora: I had no problem with the terminal and I learned to use it proficiently but when I learned about yumex I was happy to use the little graphical front to update my Fedora Core... DOES THAT MEAN THAT I HAVE TO GO BACK TO WINDOWS?

I did the scan of my files using Clamv with the console and I was able to do it easily...

Were you so offended by my question? Why be a deuce at this forum like you were with me?
    -D-

Registered User # 402675

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2