Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
i ve AOL Broadband internet under WindowsXP but i can't configure it on linux(mandrakelinux 10). can anyone help me?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

internet configuration on linux

i ve AOL Broadband internet under WindowsXP but i can't configure it on linux(mandrakelinux 10). can anyone help me?

Linux Engineer
    Rosene Posted: 21 Dec 2004 03:08 pm Post subject: internet configuration on linux

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i ve AOL Broadband internet under WindowsXP but i can't configure it on linux(mandrakelinux 10). can anyone help me?
    for any question like this, please start another POST. We're all here to help but this topic is regarding MSN... not about setting an internet connection
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Re: aMSN

Quote Originally Posted by shylock
    I had to go elsewhere... perhaps it's something to do with FC2.
    Probably yeah dude. I just downloaded one file for my distro and it is working fine. No problems at all, both times i've installed it.

Just Joined!
    YES!!! i already had tcl installed

this all worked perfectly!!!!!!!!

Just Joined!
    Hey ya - I just installed amsn messenger but I have a problem logging in, it keeps failing - everytime it prompts me "error connecting to the server - server time out". Has anyone any idea whats wrong??

Just Joined!

I can't login with AMSN

I installed AMSN by using the installer, and I can start it from desktop structure, however, I can't login. At the login screen, I can't type in username or password, or anything. I initially thought my keyboard has something wrong, but I could type in other program. I have tcl/tk 8.3.3 using Mandrake Linux 9.1. Please help me. (I am new too, if you suggest to install something, doc link to a step by step instruction will be great). Thank you.

Just Joined!

Problem With AMSN

When i Want to start AMSN it says something like this: Could find "AMSN" Executable... plz help me

Just Joined!

Re: Problem With AMSN

Quote Originally Posted by DjBlack-spirit
    When i Want to start AMSN it says something like this: Could find "AMSN" Executable... plz help me

Hi, You can follow the instructions posted by Benjamin.choi:

1. Download amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin
    2. Enter a terminal and allow yourself execution permissions using "chmod 500 amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin"
    3. Type "./amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin" and a graphical wizard appears to guide you through the installation
    4. "cd /opt/amsn-0.94" and then "./amsn"
    If that doesn't work, then make a symbolic link to /usr/local/ActiveTcl/bin/wish at /usr/bin/wish first (assuming you're using ActiveTcl and you install it at /usr/local/ActiveTcl/) using
    "ln -s /usr/local/ActiveTcl/bin/wish /usr/bin/wish" and try again
    5. If it works, from now on you can use aMSN via the desktop shortcut
    6. To start aMSN from the command line, do "ln -s /opt/amsn-0.94/amsn /usr/bin/amsn" and you will be able to start aMSN using "amsn" whenever you want

There are useful and I got my aMSN working after follwoing the steps.

Good luck

Just Joined!
    Where should i be extracting amsn too...

I'm kinda new at this, (installed linux 8.0 yesterday).

i've got amsn working now running out of my home directory, and also how do i get it on the menu bar in the bottom left...

Thanks

Just Joined!
    Sorry but just so some of you know amsn is almost all scripts. It is written in tcl/tk. You mainly need the interpreter (wish) to run. It cant be compiled as some of you claim. Only plugins are compiled.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast