Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a P4 2.8 processor with 512 RAM and 80 GB memory.I have dual booted my computer with RedHat Linux Enterprise WS and Windows XP. My modem doesn't support ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Downloading RPMs using Windows for RedHat Linux Enterprise WS

I have a P4 2.8 processor with 512 RAM and 80 GB memory.I have dual booted my computer with RedHat Linux Enterprise

WS and Windows XP. My modem doesn't support Linux. So I have to log on using XP. I want to download rpm packages for my

RedHat Linux OS. I need to know if I can download things on to my hard-disk using XP and then write it to a Cd-RW, then boot

with Redhat and open disk, copy content and then install it. Also please suggest good sites for getting RedHat RPMs. Also

tell me how to install the downloaded RPMs on Linux.

Re: Downloading RPMs using Windows for RedHat Linux Enterprise WS

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Gotham
    I want to download rpm packages for my

RedHat Linux OS. I need to know if I can download things on to my hard-disk using XP and then write it to a Cd-RW, then boot

with Redhat and open disk, copy content and then install it. Also please suggest good sites for getting RedHat RPMs. Also

tell me how to install the downloaded RPMs on Linux.
    In answer to 1st question, yes you can. Just tell Windows to save it as type "All Files".

In answer to 2nd question, do a man rpm to find out more options, but basic syntax for installing an rpm is:
    Code:
    rpm -ivh something.rpm
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.