Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I have two questions. I hope to have a responce soon. First: Does anyone know where I can get Cedega? I tried googling it, but i'm only finding reviews. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Two questions

Hello

I have two questions. I hope to have a responce soon.

First: Does anyone know where I can get Cedega? I tried googling it, but i'm only finding reviews. (Note: Is it under the GPL? EG: Free?)

Second: Does anyone know if XMMS supports global hotkeys (I'm coming out of windows, and I am used to WinAMP)

Any help is very apreciated!

Cadega you can get from: http://www.transgaming.com/ though it's not free as in free speech, nor is it realy available free (as in beer), though iirc you can get some versions which don't have the updates for free.
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    Sorry to be a bother, but do youy know a site where I don't have to sign up to download it? (Sorry, i'm a real noob on linux as of yet...)

Well, seeing as how Cedega is a subscription service that you have to sign in as a member to download, no.

However, Transgaming does provide a free (as in beer) CVS version. The easiest way to install that is using the WineCVS script, which is available from:

http://winecvs.linux-gamers.net/index.php/Main_Page

Linux Newbie
    The only problem with the CVS version of cedega is that it doesn't come with the anti-piracy protection decoder stuff that the regular version has. ou may run into problems installing programs with the CVS version.

There are sites where you can get it illegally, but I'm going to refrain from mentioning them. Just look for it online in the same way you would if you wanted the latest movie, song, or video game for free.

Cedega 5 just released, so it will probably be pretty easy to find, but if you pirate it you may have trouble installing it due to some of the new anti-piracy features they built in.

I'm not sure about the XMMS thing. Try looking that up on the XMMS homepage: www.xmms.org
    Cause the whole world loves it when you don\'t get down.
    And the whole world loves it when you make that sound.