Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm using idesk to allow me to have icons on fluxbox on my gentoo box, and I just installed gdeskcal to give me a cute little calendar on the desktop. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

gdeskcal kills idesk

I'm using idesk to allow me to have icons on fluxbox on my gentoo box, and I just installed gdeskcal to give me a cute little calendar on the desktop. Gdeskcal works fine, but it kills idesk when it starts up and I lose all my icons. The order I start them in doesn't matter -- idesk dies immediately if I try to to start it when gdeskcal is running.

I can't find anything on google about this so it doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone else.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you guys have on what to do or how to investigate this.

Cheers folks.
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

**BUMP**

Any ideas on this one?? Or suggestions for other desktop calendars that might work with fluxbox??

Thanks.
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII

No one has any suggestions for a desktop calendar that is compatible with fluxbox and idesk??

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Have you tried something through gdesklets/superkaramba? I also found this on the adesklets page: http://adesklets.sourceforge.net/desklets.html

Adesklets run fine under fluxbox... Haven't tried them along with idesk thou!