Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have popped the wonderful Firefox 1.5 onto my SUSE 10.0 machine and all is working apart from an odd quirk whereby whenever I click a link in another program, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Firefox 1.5 keeps sending me the U of A

I have popped the wonderful Firefox 1.5 onto my SUSE 10.0 machine and all is working apart from an odd quirk whereby whenever I click a link in another program, e.g. Mozilla Thunderbird or Gaim, it just opens the home page of The University of Alabama.

What is causing this? Is it something to do with the fact the path to the executable is missing an attribute telling it to open the address specified?

Thanks in advance.
    The biggest security threat is the user.

I had something similar with Firefox going to the webpage of The University of Arizona every time it opened. All I did was remove the %u at the end of the command for Firefox. Seemed to work like a charm.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Linux Newbie
    That seems to have done the trick, although some programs just open my home page when I click a link but I believe that is due to something else or something not updating.
    Many thanks!
    The biggest security threat is the user.